Move over iPhone 8 because the iPhone 8 Plus is taking over. In fact, although the iPhone X has been released, many people are opting to purchasing an iPhone 8 Plus instead of the latest and here’s why.
Crash Course on the iPhone 8 Plus
In this guide, you’ll be opening up your iPhone 8 Plus to take a look inside the Apple world of technology. Here is a quick glance at some of the things you’ll be able to see as you crack open your iPhone 8 Plus:
- 5-inch multitouch IPS Retina HD display with 1920 × 1080 pixels (401 ppi)
- Dual 12 MP wide-angle and telephoto cameras with ƒ/1.8 and ƒ/2.8 apertures (respectively), optical zoom, and 10x digital zoom
- 7 MP FaceTime HD camera with ƒ/2.2 aperture and 1080p HD recording capability
- Supports fast-charge and Qi wireless charging
- 11a/b/g/n/ac Wi‑Fi + MIMO Bluetooth 5.0 + NFC
- Apple A11 Bionic processor with embedded M11 motion coprocessor
- 64 or 256 GB onboard storage capacity
Fun Fact: The iPhone 8 Plus has more to offer than two large glass panels. So, don’t let the fear of a smashed iPhone screen deter you.
Key Features on the iPhone 8 Plus
There are many key iPhone u Plus features to get excited about! From the front, it looks like a regular iPhone but flip it over and you’ll see a new glossy glass back that serves two purposes – wireless charging and double crackability. Now, we know what you’re thinking – two glass panels make the chances of having a broken iPhone 8 Plus screen much more likely but as you’re about to find out, you can get all the iPhone 8 Plus replacement parts at Digital Supply USA.
Here are some other features to get excited about:
- Easy access to the battery makes it easy to replace iPhone 8 Plus battery
- Wireless charging
- Water and dust seals are improved
Tools Needed for the iPhone 8 Plus
- P2 Pentalobe Screwdriver
- Phillips #000 Screwdriver
- Y000 tri-point Screwdriver
- Opening Picks
- Curves Razor Blade
Instructions to Take Apart and Analyze the iPhone 8 Plus
Step One: Crack it Open
- Pry open your iPhone 8 Plus with a pentalobe screwdriver
- Heat and use an iOpener if needed
- Use the spudger to remove the battery connector – a nice change from the tricky tri-point screws
- Enjoy the benefit of having four adhesive tabs surrounding the battery – making it easy to replace the iPhone 8 Plus battery, a 3.82 V, 2691 mAh cell with 10.28 Wh of power
Fun Fact: The iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus use the same home button, making it easy to replace if needed.
Step Two: Check it Out
- Start unscrewing the few tri-point screws used to secure the display of the iPhone 8 Plus
- Pull on the four adhesive tabs and remove the battery
- Remove the AR dual camera unit
Fun Fact: 12 MP cameras were put together for portrait mode.
- Grab your screwdrivers and take a look at the motherboard and see what specs the new iPhone 8 Plus has to offer:
- Flip over the motherboard and take a look at the back specs:
- SanDisk SDMPEGF12 64 GB NAND flash storage
- Qualcomm WTR5975Gigabit LTE RF transceiver and PMD9655 PMIC
- NXP 1612A1
- Skyworks 3760 3759 1727 RF Switch and SKY762-21 207839 1731 RF Switch
- Murata 339S00399 WiFi/Bluetooth module
- Apple 338S00248, 338S00309 PMIC, and S3830028
- Remove the motherboard completely and take a look at the Taptic Engine
Fun Fact: The Macbook 2015 has a similar Taptic Engine for the touchpad.
Step Three: Get To The Bottom Of It
- Remove the lightning port cable
- New design is believed to dissipate heat better, making it idea for faster charging
- Remove the iPhone 8 Plus panel with whatever tools you can find because the adhesive is seriously tough – heat seems to do more to the metal frame than the glue
At last, your iPhone 8 Plus is completely apart. Now, due to the insanely strong adhesive and updated water and dust seals, repairing iPhone 8 Plus is harder to do than it was with the previous models. However, it can be done with the right tools and instructions, which you can get today at Digital Supply USA.