Steps To Do A S8 Battery Replacement
If your Samsung Galaxy S8 battery is dying as if it’s an iPhone, it’s time to get a battery replacement. With this helpful guide, you can easily replace a warn-out battery in your Samsung Galaxy S8. All you need are some simple smartphone repair tools available at Digital Supply USA.
In this guide, you’ll be learning how to remove the rear glass cover so you can replace the adhesive to reattach the back cover to your phone.
Before disassembling your phone, make sure the battery below 25%. The battery can catch fire and/or explode if accidentally punctured. Don’t worry - the chances of that are low but we had to let you know.
Time: 10 to 20 minutes
Tools Needed to Replace S8 Battery
- Phillips #000 Screwdriver
- Suction Handle
- Halberd Spudger
- Opening Picks
- Galaxy S8 Battery
Instructions for S8 Battery Replacement
Step One: iOpener Heating
- Place iOpener in the center of the microwave
- Make sure the plate spins freely to avoid the iOpener getting overheated and burnt
- Heat for 30 seconds and reheat as needed throughout the repair procedure
Step Two: Rear Glass Assembly
- Apply the heated iOpener to a long edge on your S8 for approximately 2 minutes
- Once softened, continue to next step
Step Three: Open the Rear Glass
- Once back panel is warm, apply the suction cup close to the heated edge without going near the curved edges
- Carefully lift the suction cup
- Insert the halberd spudger or opening pick under the rear glass until firmly inserted
The curved glass requires you to push up into the phone as opposed to inserting it parallel to the plane of the phone.
Step Four: Reapply
- Reheat iOpener and apply to soften the adhesive
- Slowly slide the Halberd spudger down the sides of the phone to separate the glue from the body of the phone
- Reheat iOpener as needed
If the fingerprint sensor cable snags or becomes taut, do not open the phone any further. Simply disconnect the connector with the spudger.
Step Five: Old Adhesive
- Repeat steps two – four on each side of the S8, leaving an opening pick on each
- Remove the old adhesive from the body of the S8
- Clean the edges with isopropyl alcohol
- Apply new adhesive
Step Six: Dissemble
- Remove eleven7 mm Phillips #000 screws
- Remove NFC antenna and charging coil
- Remove three7 mm Phillips #000 screws
- Remove the loudspeaker assembly
Step Seven: Disconnect
- Disconnect the battery connector with the flat end of a spudger
- Reheat and apply the iOpener directly to the battery for approximately 60 secounds
- Carefully use the opening pick to lift the battery (starting at the bottom)
- Slide the opening puck up the sides of the battery to remove any adhesive
- Lift the battery out of the case
- Install new battery
- Apply Adhesive
And there you have it! Follow these steps backwards and you're done! For all your S8 repair tools, shop Digital Supply USA.