iPhone 6 - Battery Replacement Guide
Replace your old battery and install a new one quickly and easily by using these iPhone 6 battery replacement instructions for use with our Digital Supply USA battery kit.
iPhone 6 Parts
Disclaimer: Repair phone at own risk. Digital Supply USA is not responsible for damaged phones or parts incurred during the repair process.
- Mini screwdrivers
- Opening tools
- Replacements battery
- Remove two pentalobe screws from each side of the charging port on the bottom edge of the device.
- Carefully lift the screen up from the phone, inserting the opening tool under the edge for added leverage if necessary. The screen will not completely be removed from the phone.
- Disconnect the screen assembly by removing the screws in the upper righthand corner of the phone’s interior.
- Disconnect the assembly cables.
- Remove two screws from the shield that cover the battery connectors, then disconnect the battery.
- Slide the opening tool under the battery to remove it.
- Install the replacement battery and insert the battery connector before replacing the two screws in the connector shield.
- Reconnect the screen assembly cables that you removed in step 4.
- Reinsert the screws in the upper righthand corner over the screen assembly cables.
- Replace the screen onto the back of the phone. Snap the two parts together and reinsert and two pentalobe screws on the bottom edge of the device.
- Power on your device to make sure your new iPhone 6 battery works properly.
Notes from Digital Supply USA:
- Track each screw as you remove it; each one needs to be replaced in the exact spot where it came from.