iPhone 5 Screen Replacement Instructions
Step-by-Step iPhone 5 Screen Replacement Directions
- Remove the 2 star shaped screws from the bottom side of the iPhone 5 located on opposite sides of the sync port located on the bottom. For this you will need a special tool called a pentalobe screwdriver to remove these 2 screws.
- Using a large suction cup to gently and carefully lift the broken iPhone 5 screen up from the bottom (located near the home button). Note: There are still cables attached at the top of the device so you will need to lift the screen up at an angle. TIP: If the iPhone glass screen is badly cracked you might need to apply packaging tape over the screen to make a seal for suction.
- Next step, remove the (three) phillips screws holding the metal plate in place which is covering 3 cables that are plugged into the logic board & are all attached to the iPhone 5 LCD screen assembly.
- Remove the 3 cables by carefully unplugging them using a non-conductive plastic prying tool. Next we completely separate the screen assembly from the iPhone device.
- Now, if you're new screen assembly does not include the home button, earpiece, & proximity sensor you will then need to transfer these components from your old iPhone 5 screen assembly to the new device.
- Plug in the three cables from your new iPhone 5 screen in the opposite order they were first removed.
- Replace the metal cover over the plugs & screw in the 3 phillips screws holding this metal plate in its place.
- Now carefully begin to set the new iPhone device screen flush around the perimeter. caution: If you apply excessive pressure or do not gradually set the screen flush by applying evenly placed pressure & working your way around the perimeter, you risk cracking your replacement glass. Be Careful!
- Using the pentalobe screwdriver, screw in the two star shaped screws at the bottom of the iPhone device located on opposite sides of the sync port.
You have successfully replaced- repaired your iPhone 5 Screen!
NOTE: This instuctional tutorial is meant for informational purposes only. We cannot be held responsible for any damages or injuries that result from following these instructions.