iPhone 5 - Battery Replacement Guide
Replace your old battery and install a new one quickly and easily by using these iPhone 6 battery replacement instructions for use with our Digital Supply USA battery kit.
iPhone 5 Parts
Disclaimer: Repair phone at own risk. Digital Supply USA is not responsible for damaged phones or parts incurred during the repair process.
- Mini screwdrivers
- Opening tools
- Replacements battery
- Use your mini screwdriver to loosen and remove the two pentalobe screws from the bottom edge of the device. These screws are located on each side of the charging port.
- Insert the opening tool just under the edge of the screen and carefully lift the screen up from the device. The screen will remain connected at the top edge.
- Take out the screws from the shield in the upper right corner of the phone’s interior.
- Remove the shield and use the opening tool to disconnect the screen assembly connectors.
- Loosen and remove the three screws from the two small shields covering the battery connector. Take the shield off then disconnect the battery using your opening tool.
- Use the small plastic tab at the edge of battery to lift and remove it.
- Install the replacement battery and insert the battery connector to the motherboard.
- Replace the battery connector shields and the three screws that you removed in step 5.
- Reconnect the screen assembly cables that you disconnected during step 4.
- Replace the screws in the shield in the upper right corner that covers the screen assembly cables.
- Snap the screen back into the frame of the phone. Then, reinsert the two pentalobe screws on the bottom edge of the device.
- Turn on the phone’s power to ensure that your new iPhone 5 battery works properly.
Notes from Digital Supply USA:
- Be careful when setting aside screws you have removed; each one needs to return to the same location in the phone when reassembling.