Lifetime Warranty / Lowest Price Guarantee
iPhone Battery Replacement Quick Steps
The below steps are meant to be a high level guide to replacing the battery in an Apple iPhone.
- Remove the two bottom screws next to the dock connector on the iPhone. Make sure you do not apply much force on the screws with the screwdriver. Doing so will strip the screws.
- Press a suction cup onto the screen, just above the home button of the iPhone. WARNING: Be careful with the next step. You can break the front glass if too much force is applied.
- While holding the iPhone device down with one hand, CAREFULLY pull up on the suction cup to separate the front assembly from the rear case.
- Using a tool, GENTLY pry the rear case down and away from the display assembly while you pull up with the suction cup.
- Continue to pry around the sides of the front panel, detaching the clips along the bottom, right, and left sides DO NOT damage the clips.
- Lift the bottom of the Assembly away fro the rear case. WARNING: DO NOT completely remove the front glass panel from the rear case. Ribbon cable are still attached.
- On mid-right hand side next o the battery,remove two 1.6mm Phillips screws securing the metal battery connector bracket to the motherboard. Remove the metal bracket.
- Use a plastic tool to gently pry the battery connector up from its socket on the motherboard. Warning: Do not pry up the socket on the motherboard, only pry the battery connector.
- Along the bottom of the batter, above the charge dock, there is an adhesive tab. Use a tool to lift it. Do not completely remove.
- Pull the white adhesive tab to the left to separate the adhesive from underneath the battery. Lift the battery out and remove it.
- Install the new battery. Reverse the order of the steps used to disassemble the phone. Make sureall screws are screwed in properly.